Vaughn Park, Landmark, and Hunter Hills are co-sponsoring Camp REFUGE; an overnight Bible Camp week focused on reaching children in the River Region. The camp session will be co-directed by Will Collins (Hunter Hills) and Rob Sellers (Landmark).
Our vision for Camp REFUGE is:
- To exalt Christ through singing, teaching, the example of our staff, and the one-on-one interactions between campers and staff, so that our campers will trust in Christ for the rest of their lives.
- To foster relationships that God will use to build his Kingdom; relationships between Christian adults and students and relationships between the students from various congregations.
- To provide a refuge for kids who don’t come from Christian families. The refuge is a week of love and care for these kids, but also relationships we expect to last after the week of camp is over.
Children entering 1st Grade through 9th Grade for the 2023-24 school year.
Sunday-Friday - July 23-28, 2023
Gulf Coast Bible Camp
$170 per camper (registration opening soon)
Optional $20 add-on for canteen per camper
Scholarship money is available - contact Will at firstname.lastname@example.org
Kids should be dropped off at camp Sunday July 23 between 2-5 p.m. Pick-up Friday July 28 by 10 a.m. Church transportation available on a first come first serve basis. Contact Will at email@example.com to reserve a seat.
The camp staff (cabin counselors, teachers, kitchen staff, etc.) will be active members from Vaughn Park, Landmark, and Hunter Hills. All camp staff are required to have background checks and complete child safety training. To cover expenses we ask our staff to pay $100 for the week. If you are interested in serving at Camp Refuge, apply here.
- No clothing with any type of slogan or ad that does not conform to a Christian standard (e.g. tobacco, alcohol, suggestive pictures, etc.) will be permitted.
- Sleeveless tops (e.g. tank tops) are permitted as long as the midriff is covered, no cleavage shows when bending over, the bra is not visible on the shoulder or under the arm, and the straps are over an inch in width.
- No spaghetti strap shirts or shirts that reveal the midriff are permitted.
- Shorts must meet the credit card rule or the bottom of the fingertips if a person is standing up with arms down by their legs. Place a credit card at the top of the kneecap. Shorts should reach the edge of the credit card.
- Clothing should not be excessively tight or form-fitting.
PACKING LIST & TIPS
- Bedding (sleeping bag, pillow, blanket, etc.)
- Toiletries (soap, shampoo, deodorant, toothbrush, etc.)
- Towels & washcloth for showering
- Towels for swim time
- Swim Gear (bathing suit & anything you need for daily swim time)
- Bug spray
- Clothes (enough for 6 days & pack a little extra to be safe)
- Shoes (closed-toe shoes, sandals, etc.)
- DO NOT SEND ELECTRONIC DEVICES! (if found they will be collected and returned
- at the end of the week)
- Bring a carrier or toiletry bag to carry back and forth to bathhouse
- If you get hot at night, bring a bedside fan (cabins are air-conditioned, but can still get
- If you send snacks, make sure they are in resealable bags or containers because
- these can attract unwanted critters.
- Bring an extra bag or hamper for dirty clothes
- Send more than one towel for showering in case one gets wet or doesn’t dry out enough
- For young campers, send each day’s clothing in individual gallon-sized ZipLock bags with each day written on them.